Essential support during COVID-19
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
There have been a number of questions about the Government’s job scheme initiative, now more commonly known as the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and you will be aware that it is a temporary scheme open to all UK employers for at least three months starting from 1 March 2020. It has been designed to support employers whose operations have been severely affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Employers can enrol on to the scheme via a portal and claim for the following:
● In June and July, the government will pay 80% of employee wages up to £2,500.
● During August, the government will pay 80% of employee wages up to £2,500, but employers will have to pay Employer’s National Insurance and pension contributions.
● In September, the government will reduce its grants to 70% of furloughed employee wages up to a cap of £2,187.50. Employers will have to pay Employer’s National Insurance and pension contributions as well as 10% of wages to make up the 80% total up to a cap of £2,500.
● In October, the government grant will be reduced to 60% of wages up to a cap of £1,875. Employers will continue to pay Employer’s National Insurance and pension contributions as well as 20% of wages to remain in line with the 80% total up to a cap of £2,500.
BUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE SUPPORT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE?
With the scheme set to finish at the end of October, our team of HR & Employment Law Advisors will be on hand to support you, your business and your employees with all areas of:
● Managing the structure of your organisation where you have had to change and adapt to the demands of the pandemic
● How to manage an influx of ‘Flexible Working Requests’
● Employee retention
● Job share schemes
● Redundancy – team or individual
● Changes to Terms and Conditions of employment
● Requesting staff to take reduced wages
● Boosting staff morale, and bringing teams back together again
We will provide sound, knowledgeable and commercial advice in order to navigate you through this challenging time and beyond.
Get in touch to find out more.
WorkPlace HR Ltd - Cheltenham Office
Suite 10, Pure Offices,
Cheltenham Office Park,
Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham,
WorkPlace HR Ltd - London Office
Office One, 1 Coldbath Square,