Essential support during COVID-19
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
There have been a number of questions about the Government’s job scheme initiative, now more commonly known as the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and you will be aware that it is a temporary scheme open to all UK employers for at least three months starting from 1 March 2020. It has been designed to support employers whose operations have been severely affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Employers can enrol on to the scheme via a portal and claim for 80% of furloughed employees’ (employees on a leave of absence) usual monthly wage costs, up to £2,500 a month (gross), plus the associated Employer National Insurance contributions and minimum automatic enrolment employer pension contributions on that wage.
Employers can use this scheme anytime during this period and the scheme is open to all UK employers that had created and started a PAYE payroll scheme on 28 February 2020.
BUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE SUPPORT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE?
Our team of HR & Employment Law Advisors will be on hand to support you, your business and your employees with all areas of:
● Managing the structure of your organisation where you have had to change and adapt to the demands of the pandemic
● How to manage an influx of ‘Flexible Working Requests’
● Employee retention
● Job share schemes
● Redundancy – team or individual
● Changes to Terms and Conditions of employment
● Requesting staff to take reduced wages
● Boosting staff morale, and bringing teams back together again
We will provide sound, knowledgeable and commercial advice in order to navigate you through this challenging time and beyond.
Get in touch to find out more.